Trade Channel Manager needed for a leading FMCG company in Nigeria.
- Bachelor degree or any equivalent degree
- 7-9 years of proven work Experience in the FMCG industry.
- Experience in Africa is a plus.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- High level of personal initiative, energy and ownership for business success.
- Fluent in English.
- Organize and control the staff within the assigned area to ensure that they are appropriately motivated and trained to meet all sales targets and those they carry out their responsibilities to the required standards.
- Maintain close monitor over the aging of stocks in the market and recommend the best course of action.
- Take immediate decisions to resolve short orders while making sure that the client is kept informed.
- Review the daily sales of the team to gauge the team and market performance.
- Follow up on deliveries to make sure stocks are delivered on time
- Generate reports and analyze sales per brand to measure performance vs. budget.
- Ensure the implementation of the set sales strategies that enable the company to achieve its corporate objectives.
- Monitor the performance of the team and take remedial action wherever necessary to ensure that the sales targets are met.
- Develops the weekly sales schedule for the department.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key customers and other relevant bodies to ensure that the company’s maximum sales potential is realized.
- Monitor the sales performance of competitors to ensure that the company maintains and develops its competitive position.
- Identifies new accounts to penetrate and give directions accordingly to develop he distribution base within the assigned area.
- Ensure that numeric and weighted distribution is maximized at all times.
- Review the sales reports and take action wherever necessary.
- Develop the summary reports for manager as required.
- Deliver presentations for the quarterly and yearly business reviews covering the assigned area.
- Recommend new packing solutions or packing configurations that would improve sales or enhance the product presentation.
- Maintain sharp control over price discounts offered to preferred clients.
< Back to Job Search