Technical Manager needed for an engineering company specialized in solar energy, in Bamako, Mali.
● Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or science-based subject;
● Minimum of 5 years of experience in engineering working on PV plants.
● Good knowledge of technical PV technology;
● Good understanding of the key commercial aspects of PV projects;
● Ability to research and assess the latest renewable technologies;
● Ability to manage project work without supervision;
● Strong problem solving and analytical skill;
● Ability to manage teams;
● Ability to put in place work procedures and organization;
● A flexible and proactive approach;
● Reliability and good organizational/project management skills;
● Ability to produce high-quality technical reports in English and French, to predefined deadlines;
● Competence in analyzing solar irradiation measurements and PV plants production data
● Competence in understanding EPC and O&M contracts and procedures.
● Fluency in French and English.
● Providing engineering input for project assessment, through technical and economic feasibility;
● Construction monitoring and acceptance and ongoing operations for both rooftop and ground-mounted systems (primarily in the 200 to 1000 kilowatt scale);
● Managing a team of field personnel to ensure that all activities are carried out to the highest standard;
● Training staff members on the company products and offerings;
● Reviewing technical documents including specifications, reports, proposals, calculations and contracts;
● Technical assessment of PV products and equipment;
● Implementation in West Africa (Mali, Burkina Faso, and Ivory Coast);
● Gain an understanding of the market in order to keep company processes at the forefront of the market.
< Back to Job Search