Senior Wastewater Engineer needed for a financial institution in Kuwait.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- Master’s or PhD degree in Water and Wastewater Engineering.
- 15-20 years of proven experience in managing wastewater projects.
- Proven experience in engineering project management (supervision and execution);
- Ability to prepare reports on the verification of the feasibility studies, the tender documents and the project contracts, as well as preparing project evaluation reports in terms of engineering.
- Good knowledge of the economic and financial aspects of engineering projects.
- Excellent proficiency in the Arabic language, ability to prepare reports and memos in Arabic.
- Fluency in English, and higher priority is given to those who also master the French language.
- Proficiency in working on Microsoft applications and other applications related to the field of specialization.
- Experience with financial institutions is a plus.
- Ability to develop and innovate.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Ability to achieve the work on time.
- Participation in the study of loan applications related to wastewater projects.
- Reviewing the engineering designs and the technical studies of the project to be financed, with a focus on studies related to expectations concerning the demand for project services and choosing the most appropriate solution and the suitable technique;
- Participation in the evaluation of the projects and studying the possibility of financing them in terms of engineering and the related project costs, justifications, financing plan and implementation program;
- Participation in the preparation of loan and guarantee draft agreements, participation in negotiations with the beneficiaries of the loans and preparation of the evaluation reports;
- Preparation and revision of the terms of reference for selecting consultants to prepare studies and designs and supervising the implementation of the projects.
- Reviewing the studies, designs and tender documents related to the consulting services, the execution of the work and the supply of goods for funded projects, cooperating and coordinating with other departments to make sure the documents comply with the rules, in addition to reviewing and approving analysis reports of technical and financial offers, the awarding of tenders and the draft contracts.
- Supervising the study of the applications for aids in terms of engineering, verifying their technical justifications, participating in the preparation of the memoranda to be submitted to the board of directors in order for it to allocate aids, in addition to preparing letters of understanding, approving contracts related to the provided aids and following up on their implementation;
- Supervising the follow-up of the implementation of projects financed by the loans and aids provided, and examining the periodic reports on the progress of their execution.
- Reviewing/preparing draft responses to correspondences.
- Representing us in conferences, seminars and boards of directors of private companies in which we contribute to the capital;
- Participating in the preparation of the Joint Arab Economic Report, within his specialization, and preparing and reviewing the annual report of the Fund.
- Participating in the preparation and submission of studies, technical reports and scientific documents and attending seminars and conferences;
- Contributing to the technical advice provided by the Fund to the beneficiaries;
- Contributing in the development of systems and procedures in the department;
- Assisting the head of the department in his duties.
- Training and coaching other engineers.
< Back to Job Search