Senior Events Executive needed for a leading company in Muscat, Sultanate Of Oman
- Bachelor degree in event management, business or equivalent
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in the Conference industry is a must
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- Outstanding interpersonal skills (face to face and over the phone)
- Excellent communication skills with good command of English and Arabic
- Self motivated with the ability to be diplomatic at all times
- Team spirit with the ability to adapt within an international working team environment
- Conversant in short hand, content review and writing
- Produce electronic/printed promotional materials i.e. flyers, brochures, newsletter templates, etc. as per the deadline.
- Establish and maintain good cooperation with various Advertising Agencies and Media.
- Follow up on stands’ design and production
- Research for new contacts through various sources).
- Produce reports i.e. Conference Attendees List, Registration payments list, Financial List (Invoices, Receipts, Credit Notes), Action Plan Report, Statistical Report, etc.
- Arrange various meetings with concerned parties and suppliers.
- Arrange organizers’ travel arrangements (flight bookings, travel insurance, accommodation arrangement, etc.)
- Adhere with International Safety Standards in all working areas and events before and throughout the conference.
- Ensure that clients, all conference attendees, colleagues, feel welcomed and secured to be in the same working environment.
- Supervise, direct and support assigned staff (direct/indirect)
- Draft content for company publications for various channels, proof reading written material for the events and giving a go ahead on written content.
- Understand the content requirement in meeting and discussion, take in short hand notes and prepare well articulated draft written material.
- Arrange all logistical requirements for Events including before, during and post event requirements.
- Source, negotiate and select various supplier’s/service providers.
- Arrange for Functions venues and make sure all arrangements are done according to the organization’s requirements.
- Prepare prices comparisons and present the report in accurate and timely manner.
- Obtain best agreement from various partners; ensure the agreements are in-line with the organization’s policies.
- Liaise and supervise different suppliers/service providers on the ground during the conference days
- Ensure that all payments for suppliers/service providers are arranged as per the agreement.
- Communicate with various suppliers/service providers in proficient and timely manner.
- Ensure that production of conference/office printed items i.e. Name Badges, Business Cards, Letterheads, Envelopes, etc. is done as per the set deadline.
- Access online databases and list potential events in Oman
- Contact and follow up on potential clients
- Assist the GM in editing or developing proposals and presentations for clients
- Participate in local and international shows to promote conferences and events services
< Back to Job Search