Senior Database Administrator needed for a leading regional company in Beirut, Lebanon.
- Bachelor degree in MIS, Computer Science…
- Has a minimum of five to ten years experience in the same field.
- Knowledge of Oracle/SQL (with a variety of databases)
- Knowledge of ‘relational database management systems’ (RDBMS), ‘object-oriented database management systems’ (OODBMS) and XML database management systems
- Experience with system design and integration tasks, comprising design and implementation of major systems, integration of systems elements, and related support systems.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Flexibility to work in a 24×7 environment oriented towards a zero-downtime target.
- Ability to follow established processes and guidelines for Change Management, Release Management, Problem and Incident management.
- Highly motivated having a strong sense of urgency, work well under pressure, high detail orientation and adept at multi-tasking.
- Experience with Linux and Windows Server environments
- Extensive experience with database technologies (MySQL, MS SQL, PostgreSQL Oracle, MongoDB)
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, Microsoft Azure) a plus
- Team player with strong organizational skills, a positive attitude and customer service orientation.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations and troubleshooting of all company databases. This includes all aspects of database administration such as installing, maintaining, monitoring, troubleshooting issues and upgrading.
- Assists with the design and implementation of next-generation systems that will support the company infrastructure.
- Responsible for the design, development, and implementation of mappings/transformations based on source-to-target specifications, development standards and conventions, performing monitoring and tuning of Database jobs if any.
- Manages software upgrades, security patches, and planned maintenance to minimize disruption of services following established Information Services change control procedures.
- Demonstrates the commitment to customer service by providing responsive and effective support, developing solid working relationships with customers and Information Services colleagues, and delivering high quality, value-added services that exceed customer expectations. In collaboration with Information Services Customer Services, develops and maintains a mechanism to monitor performance and customer satisfaction.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
< Back to Job Search