Sales Manager needed for a leading chemicals company in Baghdad, Iraq.
- Bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry; MBA will be an advantage.
- Proven sales, marketing and business development experience with minimum 7 years, in the required area of expertise (Polyurethanes, Oil & Gas and Coatings), and region (Iraq) with a solid knowledge of the industry, and a strong client and solution/ service orientation, while remaining company and business focused.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills, with the ability to advice, convince and close the deal.
- Influential Leadership with excellent relationship, communication and presentation skills
- Analytical and strategic mindset
- Self-motivated, dynamic and entrepreneurial mindset, result driven, with a high level of initiative and autonomy
- Team player with ability to interact and work efficiently with internal actors
- Management skills, with the ability to direct, motivate and coach his team for higher performance
- High level of responsibility, with the sense of loyalty and business ethics
- Languages: Very good knowledge of English (written and spoken), Arabic is a plus
- Market Analysis and Strategy proposal: Analyze market trends, market segmentation, market prices and gather all relevant information within his areas of expertise and geographical area; follow up and analyze competition and make competitive comparisons; make recommendations for the upper management on the strategy to follow
- Market prospection and new clients: Investigate the market for new potential clients within his areas of expertise, visit them, understand their needs, advice and propose tailor made solutions for the clients with the aim to gain new clients and increase market share. Lead his team (if any) in having the right approach to the market and in providing the appropriate support and coaching.
- Client Visit and Relationship Management: Visit, on a regular, all existing clients and build close and good relations with them, while ensuring a professional and proper follow up of their needs and order bookings, especially for Key Accounts. Resolve efficiently potential problems with clients and coordinate internally with the other departments the appropriate solutions and actions to undertake. Lead his team (if any) in having the right approach and strategy in the market and provide them with the appropriate support and coaching.
- Negotiation and relations with suppliers: Work out with Supply Chain Department, the negotiation and pricing strategy with the suppliers, while building a long term relation with them; Lead the negotiation with the supplier, with the support of the Supply Chain Department, in order to optimize the selling price to the client and the profitability and gross margins and for the company.
- Client Offer, Credit, Order, Invoicing, Delivery and collections: Lead the overall sales process from the establishment of the quotations to the client, placing the order, and working closely with the Logistics Department to prepare the goods and ensure the delivery according to the requirements of the client; work closely with the credit department to ensure optimal financial solutions for the client and monitor timely cash-in of credit debts. Follow up with the client to ensure a timely of invoices
- Client database update: Ensure that the appropriate and relevant information related to each client is constantly updated in the system and client database (Sales Force database).
- Sales Team Management: As far as the business grows, develop his sales team (mainly sales engineers specialized in his areas of expertise) to support the business development and increase market penetration and client loyalty. Ensure the appropriate development, training and support for his team, while keeping them highly motivated and engaged.
- Sales Conditions, policies and procedures: Follow strictly the terms and conditions of sales in line with the company’s policy frame and procedures; make recommendations about procedural/policy changes and improvements.
- Administration services, reporting and internal meetings: Ensure with the support of the Sales Administration team, that all documentation related to the clients is recorded and filed correctly; Prepare regular reports to be discussed with the management, and participate to internal sales and management meetings
Salary & compensation:
- While the salary and benefits depend on the level of experience and competencies of the potential candidates, the Sales Manager position offers an attractive package.
< Back to Job Search