Procurement Manager needed for a leading construction company in Lebanon (1 year contract renewable).
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electro-Mechanical Engineering or civil
- 10+ year’s procurement experience at a senior level in a fast-paced dynamic construction organization.
- Experience in implementing and/or managing category development, process improvement and spend analysis.
- Proven track record in managing commercial projects.
- Good command of English.
- Proficient in managing high-value relationships with high-risk impact.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and motivational skills.
- Excellent communicator and adept at influencing others with the ability to build relationships across a wide and diverse stakeholder base.
- Ability to work as a team player who excels in a collaborative environment.
- Excellent analytical and business intelligence.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the procurement process.
- Sets work objectives, directs, supervises and reviews staff and staff assignments.
- Provides high-level technical/administrative guidance on work requirements and methods.
- Manages and reviews documents for the procurement of all supplies, equipment, and services for the Authority and ensures compliance with the Procurement Policy and Procedures Manual, as well as applicable federal and state laws.
- Manages the preparation of solicitation documents and offers.
- Conducts (or Manages the process for) the evaluations of proposals, offers, and bids in accordance with internal policy and external local, state and federal regulations while selecting the best supplier in accordance with solicitation requirements.
- Assures suppliers deliver materials and services in accordance with standards of price, time, quantity and quality agreed upon.
- Assures all invoices are audited for compliance with contract terms and supervises contract closeout.
- Responsible for ensuring records are maintained and procurements are documented from origination through completion.
- Develop procurement strategies that are inventive and cost-effective.
- Search new products and services to meet the company’s goals.
- Assesses the total costs of company purchases.
- Review existing contracts with suppliers and vendors to ensure on-going feasibility.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Perform risk assessments on potential contracts and agreements.
- Control the procurement budget and promoting a culture of long-term savings on procurement costs.
- Oversee and manage the IT systems that track shipments, inventory, and the supply of goods.
- Prepare procurement reports.
- Liaises with key company employees to determine their product and service needs
- Works in coordination with the Financial Manager for contract negotiation and final decision.
- Demonstrates strong leadership and managerial competencies, including integrity, accountability, communication skills and commitment to teamwork and excellence in responsibilities such as selecting, mentoring, coaching, supervising, motivating and training procurement staff.
< Back to Job Search