Plant Director needed for a new salty snacks plant in Lagos, Nigeria.
- BS in Engineering or Chemistry or Food Science or Industrial Engineering; with preferably an MBA degree.
- 10-15 years of factory experience in the salty snack manufacturing sector, as Plant Manager or Assistant Plant Manager; a Production Manager with strong cross-functional experience could also be considered. A start-up experience is a definite plus.
- Strong leader with process mind-set and passion for growth; able to manage start-up operation and grow it to the next level. Flexible and resilient character able to prioritize heavy workload efficiently and build teams capabilities.
- Excellent Communication skills and perfect command of English language.
- Microsoft proficient with working experience in ERP systems (SAP / Oracle Business Suites preferably).
- Responsible for setting up a salty snacks plant in Nigeria (Greenfield project), including the entire project management, from finding the site to commissioning the factory and running the daily operations.
- Ensure smooth and effective management of the plant in accordance with the set business plan; and in line with the GMP best standards and applicable regulations in the territory.
- To be a key member of the Leadership team advising on manufacturing, supply chain and logistics matters including customer orders & delivery management, demand & procurement planning, supplier & service providers contracts management, inventory management, factory & production management, QA/QC, Regulatory compliance, Import & Clearance documentation as well as NPD sourcing and factory expansion plans.
- Build the different departments and set all related SOP while implementing best practices with emphasis on quality service and cost efficient operation.
- Responsible for procurement of all capital goods, raw and packaging materials, machinery & engineering spares parts, consumables, IT hardware as well as all SLAs with the different third-parties providers, vendors, local and overseas suppliers.
- Responsible for inbound and outbound logistics, warehousing and production/inventory planning. This includes but not limited to managing transport costs, warehouse costs, TPL providers, people management and related cost.
- Ensure that all HSE standards are strictly adhered to as per applicable regulations; and lead the NAFDAC site qualification, products registration in addition to the different regulatory certifications.
- Review regularly the different system reports on supply chain performance and initiate corrective actions as required; including the creation and monitoring of Scorecards with measurable KPS/KPIs.
- Lead the manufacturing operation and as such the typical plant management in terms of production lines, preventive maintenance, people, technical decisions and sourcing new lines and formulations for NPD.
- Oversee the Import & Clearance activities and ensure efficient customs clearance including proper shipping documentation and scrutiny of service providers and freight forwarders for effective cost control.
- Manage the Procurement function to ensure cost control/efficiency, healthy inventory levels; while setting the Procurement policy, guidelines and processes.
- Develop and oversee the S&OP process to generate accurate forecasts and ensure coordination/alignment between the different teams to ensure prompt adequate stocks and deliveries.
- Lead initiatives to optimize the entire Supply Chain processes and infrastructures to improve the overall business efficiency and lean management. Drive a continuous improvement culture and transfer of knowledge to local talents in order to ensure business continuity.
< Back to Job Search