A young and dynamic (French speaking) Pastry Chef is needed for a new international restaurant in Douala, Cameroon.
- Certificate in pastry-making.
- 3-5 years of proven experience working as a pastry chef in a fast-paced kitchen environment.
- Able to follow recipes and instructions accurately.
- Good knowledge of pastry arts and ingredients.
- Confident culinary techniques and skills.
- Good sense of planning and preparation for the day ahead.
- Diligent and meticulous in making and receiving orders.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Punctual and discipline to ensure optimal work performance.
- Physically able to stand for long hours every day in a hot kitchen.
- Fluent in French.
- Create and prepare all pastry items as required by the business.
- Prepare, clean and organize ingredients for use in the kitchen.
- Plan the menu of desserts and pastry to complement savory items.
- Ensure the kitchen is clean and sanitized at all times.
- Oversee a team of junior pastry cooks and other staff members as necessary.
- Maintain up to date knowledge about pastry arts and ingredients.
- Carry out administrative duties to maintain an efficient workspace.
< Back to Job Search