OR Nurse needed for a leading ophthalmology medical center in Kuwait.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing from a reputable university.
- At least 2 years experience in an operating room.
- Experience in Ophthalmology is a MUST.
- Excellent communication skills and presents a friendly, caring manner which puts patients at ease.
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality in patient care and maintaining standards of courtesy and friendliness to co-workers.
- Comply with patient confidentiality and integrity policy on all matters.
- Fluent in Arabic and English.
- Responsible for nursing care of the patient within the Operating Room.
- Coordinate the needs of the surgical team with other care providers necessary for completion of surgery.
- Be the patient advocate, and assure that quality care is administered.
- Assist, as needed, Director of Nursing in improving teaching program for staff members.
- Communicate effectively, maintaining harmonious interpersonal relationships.
- Review all policies and procedures on a yearly basis.
- Attend updated and continuing education courses relevant to specialty field.
- Provide a safe environment for treating surgical patients to prevent cross-infection.
- Assist in cleaning and preparation of operating room, supplies, and equipment.
- Assist in ordering supplies and equipment.
- Participate in on-going quality assurance programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Nursing / Assistant Administrator.
< Back to Job Search