Operations Manager needed for a freight forward company in Lebanon.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in the freight forwarding field.
- Fluent; writing and speaking, in English and Arabic Language – French is a plus
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office).
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Customer service oriented.
- Determine method of shipping, and prepare bills of lading, invoices, and other required shipping documents.
- Handle shipments of corporate/sales clients; Air, Sea, and Land freight – import, export and offshore.
- Negotiate with Shipping Lines/Co-loaders and clearing agents for the lowest best price and service with comprehensive payment terms
- Coordinate with clients for meeting their scheduled timelines.
- Approve and manage air, sea and land freight bookings.
- Update clients with the latest shipments statuses.
- Ensure coordination for shipments; from origin country until the shipment is delivered to the final consignee’s warehouse.
- Notify consignees, or customers of the arrival of freight, and arrange for delivery.
- Ensure compliance with import/export regulations for all shipments.
- Obtain, check and prepare documentation to meet customs and insurance requirements, packing specifications, and compliance with overseas countries’ regulations and fiscal governments.
- Follow up with clients for new shipments and for the already ongoing shipments.
< Back to Job Search