MEP Manager needed for a leading construction company in Limassol, Cyprus.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical\Electrical Engineering.
- At least 8 years previous experience in a similar position.
- Excellent knowledge of English language, both oral and written. Knowledge of Greek language will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of software: AutoCad 2D, MS Office.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
Reports to the Construction Manager and is responsible for the MEP design and construction components of the project.
The MEP Manager’s specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Review MEP design drawings and specifications and issue review comments as necessary to address design issues, constructability issues, coordination issues, etc.
- Conduct MEP contractor pre-qualifications.
- Process, monitor and expedite the approval of all related shop drawing submittals.
- Process, monitor and expedite the resolution of all related AI’s.
- Process, monitor and expedite the resolution of all related RFI’s.
- Chair weekly MEP project status and coordination meetings with the MEP contractors.
- Author relevant sections of the Monthly Progress Report related to MEP systems issues.
- Ensure that all MEP systems are inter-coordinated.
- Ensure that all long lead MEP equipment items are identified, ordered and delivered to the site on time.
- Perform Value Engineering reviews of design as appropriate at each stage of progress for conformance to design brief, constructability, suitability for local marketplace and work practices.
- Review the MEP tender documents and to develop work scope descriptions as needed.
- Monitor and track MEP systems commissioning and testing. Develop guidelines and procedures as necessary.
- Responsible for close-out of MEP trades at the conclusion of the work. Develop guidelines and procedures as necessary.
- Attend weekly project status review meetings.
- To manage the work of the:
- HV/LV Electrical Engineer
- ELV Electrical Engineer
- HVAC Engineer
- Plumbing Engineer
- Vertical Transportation Engineer
- Prepare status reports and attend weekly project status meetings with Head – Design Manager.
< Back to Job Search