Life Underwriting Manager needed for a leading insurance company in Lebanon.
- Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Insurance or Marketing.
- 10+ years of experience in life underwriting with a robust track record of at least 2-3 years leading the function.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong blend of forward-thinking, strategy and business development.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Fluent in Arabic and English.
- Manages the daily operations of life underwriting department for a variety of products to contribute to the achievement of financial objectives of the business.
- Underwrites and oversees the issuance of renewal on key accounts.
- Manages several operations under life business such as reinsurance, claims, collections, and IT implementation for new systems.
- Creates new products for all channels: Direct, agency and bancassurance; such as new pension, investment & term plans, and implementing them into the ERP system.
- Proposes enhancements for life underwriting policies and procedures and pricing guidance for new business and renewal teams.
- Follows up on complex and unique underwriting cases and contestable claims.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Builds and leads a team of underwriting professionals and life advisors responsible for results delivery through recruiting, development, retention, coaching and performance management.
- Ensures compliance with legislation and regulation regarding life insurance underwriting policies, practices and procedures.
- Represents the underwriting discipline in new product development initiatives.
- Liaises directly with reinsurance companies and key brokers.
- Prepares yearly treaty renewals with leading reinsurers.
- Manages and prepares all monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial statements along with reporting tools, scorecards and statistics.
- Ensures effective interactions with internal and external customers.
- Guides and assists Underwriters with reviewing plan’s premium history, claims history, and company financial condition for renewals to determine appropriate renewal action.
< Back to Job Search