Legal Counsel needed for a leading group in Beirut, Lebanon.
- Bachelor degree in Law from a reputable university.
- 5-8 years of regional experience in the legal field.
- Good knowledge of the Lebanese Law.
- Ability to deal with legal advisors and authorities.
- Understanding of the Corporate environment and related legal challenges. Ability to deal with stakeholders in this environment.
- Relevant experience in the real estate sector.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Ms. Word, Excel, Outlook…).
- Fluent in Arabic and English. French is a plus.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to influence and convince while combining a soft and firm approach, with a high capability for dialogue and negotiation.
- Strong initiative, solution orientation, pragmatism and good judgment.
- Agility and high level of adaptability. Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong organizational skills and structure with the ability to manage priorities, resources, multiple tasks and projects.
- Detail oriented while keeping the big picture.
- Team player and open-minded, with a strong multicultural approach.
- High level of responsibility, confidentiality, honesty and business ethics.
- Ability to travel to other countries in the region, for short missions.
- Provide legal advice and assistance as well as coordinate and steer legal and administrative files related to real estate matters, mainly:
1- Contracts: Review and update contracts, terms and conditions.
2- Support in cleaning title deeds from any encumbrance.
3- Constantly check records, statutory documents and contracts for errors and omissions and update them accordingly.
4- Rendering, reviewing and conducting appraisals, inspections, leases, purchase and sales agreements (SPA). Review of transactions
5- Disputes: in real estate and deed problems and help resolve disputes over encroachment, trespass, injuries, and boundaries. Negotiate and support in reaching settlement agreements.
6- Conduct due diligence and review of sales price history, building code compliance of the real estate property, lease terms. Create and register documents check for adjustments, modify the terms of contracts (leasing and sales) and agreements and assist in negotiating the terms of sales and purchase agreements.
7- Property taxes and value estimates: Update and preserve track record, review and substantiate financial dues and inform about payment.
8- Deeds: Draft deeds, ensuring that no liens, easements, and covenants are registered against the real estate property.
- Estate transactions: steering and managing the different administrative and legal phases, alike tenants in residence, proof of title, immovable structures and illegal additions or units.
- Interface and relations with Authorities and Legal advisors, inter alia insurance agents, surveyors, inspectors, real estate and title agents, banks and other financial, administrative and third-party institutions.
- Trials and hearings: Participate in trials and hearings, file appeals, and draft documents and legal pleadings.
- Legal and fiscal matters related to family member shareholders: Follow-up on all legal and fiscal matters family-related matters (such as succession, family issues, property assets in Lebanon and France, guardianship), write letters and agreements and provide advice to the family members, as needed.
< Back to Job Search