Internal Audit Director needed for a leading group in Sulaymaniya, Iraq .
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and supported by CPA or ACCA or any equivalent professional qualification from a reputable professional body.
- At least 10 years’ experience in internal and/or external auditing is required with big/international auditing firms.
- Exposure to some the following industries is a must: Cement, Construction, Manufacturing, Hospitality or Healthcare.
- Up to date with recent IFRS.
- Preferable to have good exposure to Iraq relevant working environment including but not limited to Tax and Iraqi accounting GAAP.
- Preferred languages: Kurdish, Arabic and English (Strong verbal and written communications skills).
- Ability to communicate ideas, facts, and write comprehensive reports.
- Ability to work with little supervision, to meet deadlines, to solve problems, and to make appropriate recommendations.
- Detailed-oriented, with a strong focus and highest level of Professionalism and objectivity under all circumstances.
- Self-motivated, results oriented with conceptual and flexible mind set and possess good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
- Staff management and development.
- Responsible for preparing and implementing a risk-based audit plan to assess, report on, and make suggestions for improving the company’s finance activities.
- Manage performance of audit assignments, review audit reports; edit reports prepared by other auditors.
- Schedule and plan audits; initiate project planning, assess risk and develop audit direction.
- Appropriate risk reporting to Management and the Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee
- Manage the risk in the Group and ensure the production of a corporate risk register on an annual basis.
- Responsible for all internal audit assignments, activities, reviews and analyzes transactions, documents, records, reports, and accounts relating to all companies related to the Group.
- Assesses complex activities to identify potential operational, financial risks or potential fraud which warrant audit attention.
- Contribute to the development of a total program of internal review and audit for all companies in the group.
- Keep up-to-date and prepare internal audit policies and procedures, current developments in accounting and auditing professions and changes in laws and regulations as applicable.
- Perform preliminary planning and establish direction for audits, provide leadership to assigned auditors, manage project to quality outcomes, while meeting established time budget.
- Prepare acceptable work papers by researching, compiling, and analyzing data to be presented within internal audit reports.
- Effectively communicate the results of audits by preparing final reports of audit findings.
< Back to Job Search