A young and dynamic Head Chef is needed for a new Lebanese restaurant in Marrakesh, Morocco.
- Diploma in culinary arts.
- 7-10 years of relevant experience with minimum 2 years as a Head Chef, Sous Chef or Senior Chef De Partie.
- Proven experience in Lebanese cuisine (including Lebanese sweets) is a must.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to oversee and manage kitchen operations.
- Ability to remain productive when pulled in many different directions.
- Excellent leadership skills with ability to lead and inspire a team.
- Ability to track expenses and manage a budget.
- Fluent in Arabic and French.
- Design menus that enhance customers’ culinary experience while keeping up high quality.
- Recruit, hire, and train chefs, cooks, and kitchen staff.
- Direct kitchen operations, including food preparation, cooking, and cleanup.
- Assign tasks; supervise chefs and cooks in the preparation and presentation of food.
- Maintain control of the kitchen to ensure that all tasks are carried out efficiently and effectively.
- Resolve issues as they arise so that customers continue to receive their orders in a timely manner.
- Make sure that all kitchen and wait staff adhere to food safety and hygiene regulations to ensure a clean and sanitary kitchen.
- Plan menus and set prices making adjustments as needed based on the availability of ingredients.
- Inspect raw and cooked food items to guarantee that the highest quality products are prepared and served to customers.
- Collaborate with the general manager and owner to align kitchen operations with the overarching goals of the establishment.
- Direct monthly inventory.
- Maintain vendor relationships.
- Maintain kitchen equipment; schedule repairs and additional maintenance as needed.
< Back to Job Search