French-speaking Head Chef needed for a leading restaurant in Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire (Ivory Coast).
- Diploma from a culinary school.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar position.
- Experience in American cuisine is a big plus.
- Must have a good command of French.
- In-depth knowledge of food principles and best practices.
- Passion for creating incredible food that delights and attracts customers.
- Excellent communication skills and leadership qualities.
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment.
- Creative, innovative thinking.
- Exceptional standards for cleanliness, health and safety.
- Experience managing inventories and stocktaking.
- Available to work on-call, shifts, after hours, over weekends and on holidays.
- Ensuring that all food meets the highest quality standards and is served on time.
- Planning the menu and designing the plating presentation for each dish.
- Coordinating kitchen staff, and assisting them as required.
- Hiring and training staff to prepare and cook all the menu items.
- Stocktaking ingredients and equipment, and placing orders as needed.
- Enforcing best practices for safety and sanitation in the kitchen.
- Creating new recipes to regularly update the menu.
- Keeping track of new trends in the industry.
- Incorporating feedback from restaurant staff and patrons to make improvements or resolve issues.
< Back to Job Search