A young and dynamic (French speaking) Head Chef is needed for a new international restaurant in Douala, Cameroon.
- Culinary school diploma.
- 3-5 years of proven work experience as a Chef in reputable international cuisine restaurants.
- Hands-on experience with various kitchen equipment (e.g. grillers and pasta makers).
- Advanced knowledge of culinary techniques.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to remain calm and undertake various tasks.
- Excellent time management abilities.
- Up-to-date knowledge of cooking techniques and recipes.
- Familiarity with sanitation regulations.
- Positive and approachable manner.
- Team player qualities.
- Team management skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Good level of numeracy.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel…).
- Fluent in French.
- Controlling and directing the food preparation process.
- Approving and polishing dishes before they reach the customer.
- Managing and working closely with other Chefs of all levels.
- Creating menu items, recipes and developing dishes ensuring variety and quality.
- Determining food inventory needs, stocking and ordering.
- Ultimately responsible for ensuring the kitchen meets all regulations including sanitary and food safety guidelines.
- Being responsible for health and safety.
- Being responsible for food hygiene practices.
< Back to Job Search