Financial Controller needed for a leading company in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, from a reputable university.
- 10+ years of relevant experience with minimum 3 years as a head of finance.
- Experience in the contracting industry is a plus.
- Excellent leadership skills with a proven experience in managing minimum 10 employees.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook…).
- Experience with ERP systems is a plus (Preferably SAP).
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Heading the group finance departments (15 to 20 Employees).
- Supervising and directing the Head Accountants, Accountants and Site Accountants.
- Managing all Finance and Accounting activities.
- Projects Cost and Cost Analysis.
- Assets Approvals and Supervision
All kinds of transactions:
Creating, changing of assets (when required).
Acquisition, retirement, sales of assets (when required).
Depreciation posting (monthly).
Stock count (1 time in a year).
Posting income (when required).
- Review Financial Statements
Review GL transactions (when required).
Period-end activities * (monthly).
Preparing and adjusting FS draft (monthly).
Cash flow (monthly).
- Period-end Activities
Open and close posting periods.
Check posts of recurring entries.
Run Batch Input Session.
Analyze GR/IR Clearing Accounts.
Automatic clearing of GR/IR accounts.
Post adjustment entries.
Foreign currency revaluation.
Comparison Documents / Transaction figures.
Close previous accounting period.
Display Document Journal.
Posting advances (when required).
Monitoring advances settlement (when required).
Clearing advances (when required).
Posting payments both manual and automated (when required).
Clearing vendors (when required).
Posting credit memos with reference to an invoice (when required).
Reconciliation of vendor balances (4 times and when required).
GR/IR account analyzing (monthly).
Review All kinds of transactions (monthly).
- Review Cash Transactions
- Company Stock Audit
Stock count carrying out (2 times a year).
- Ad-hoc tasks when required
< Back to Job Search