Credit Risk Manager needed for a leading financial institution in Beirut, Lebanon
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Business or equivalent (Masters, MBA and/or CFA is preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant credit-related experience, the last three 3 years of which are in a credit limit approval role
- Minimum 3 years of experience in managing a team of credit risk analysts
- Experience in local and/or international businesses (Banking, Factoring, Credit Department of Commercial companies or Trade Credit Insurers)
- Fluent in Arabic and English (French is a plus)
- Superior credit risk assessment skills, including counterpart analysis, transaction origination and structuring
- Sound knowledge of liquidity, solvency and profitability risk analysis
- Existing credit limit decision-making within own judgment
- Working knowledge of credit limits calculation, monitoring and review
- Worldly insights of macroeconomic factors and country/sovereign risks
- Wide-ranging and detailed knowledge of the legal environment and documentation requirements
- A leader in his / her own right, able to motivate, train, coach and lead a team forward
- Self-motivated professional
- Ability to work with a range of profiles, from C-suite executives to junior team members
- Innovative thinker and strategist
- Innate professional and personal integrity
- Demonstrated independence and exercising of judgment
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Lead in the development of methodologies for measurement of Credit Risks across the regional markets
- Set the overarching strategy for the department to reduce and monitor credit risks
- Oversee the preparation, review and approval and of credit limit applications, transactions and extensions within the delegated credit approval authority or to be presented to the internal credit committee.
- Ensure that the overall trade credit risk assessments are in strict adherence to the relevant regulatory and/or company guidelines.
- Review and implementing appropriate portfolio risk management concepts.
- Monitor and manage the credit database of the Company in a manner that sustains the requirements of Senior Management.
- Lead, train, support and guide the team members in maintaining a strong risk management culture.
- Contribute to thought-leadership pieces and partake in speaking opportunities to elevate the standing of the company amongst external stakeholders
- Report in a timely manner on inter-department progress and coordinate with other departments to ensure the streamlining of business activities
< Back to Job Search