Country Finance Manager needed for a leading company in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Finance, CPA/CMA is a plus.
- 8+ years in financial accounting role, (of which 3+ years in managerial role).
- Experience in Nigeria is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and GAAP.
- Extensive experience in ERP solutions.
- Good knowledge of financial modelling.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good knowledge of financial law and regulations.
- Effective Time Management with demonstrated ability to manage tasks effectively.
- Strong computer skills (use of Microsoft Office Products- Word, Excel, Power Point…).
- Possess personal qualities of Integrity, Respect, and Commitment to corporate values and mission.
- Strategic focus needed to support Country Manger and CFO in budget setting, with Hands-on approach and high attention to details.
- Leadership required to align and motivate the financial team and achieve business results.
- Change leadership, with ability to embrace and execute change at BU level.
- Creativity and Innovation, with ability to come up and implement new ideas and initiatives.
- Talent development skills, with ability to identify talent, and coach/develop people.
- High energy with strong drive, in order to achieve BU’s financial results.
- Customer orientation, with ability to build win-win long term relations with internal/external customers.
- Solid Interpersonal, Communication, Collaboration, Inclusiveness and Influence abilities.
- Fluent in English.
- Mobile (need to travel to HO and within the geographical area of BU).
- Partner with the CFO to prepare BU’s budget and implement the strategic financial objectives.
- Manage the financial team effectively to ensure the preparation of high quality, accurate, and timely financial reports.
- Help the CFO in identifying trends, risks and opportunities pertaining to the BU, and suggest required action.
- Identify gaps in the internal control process and provide solutions in coordination with internal auditors.
- Collaborate with FP&R manager in HO to develop robust forecasting systems and models.
- Lead the planning and execution of BU’s cost optimization.
- Efficiently manage the BU’s cash flow according to HO guidelines, in order to maintain a healthy cash flow.
- Implement financial systems and procedures designed by HO and report any deficiency to ensure proper processes’ control.
- Collaborate with external auditors to adhere to the applicable tax law and regulation.
- Maintain excellent relationship with related financial institutions to keep a good credit rating.
- Lead, coach, and develop BU’s finance department team members to ensure alignment with BU’s objectives, engagement, collaboration, and meeting business results.
< Back to Job Search