Clinical Psychiatrist needed for a leading school in Bahrain.
- Doctorate of Medicine or Osteopathic Medicine with residency in psychiatry needed
- Fellowship in child & adolescent psychiatry is a plus
- Candidates must be licensed or have a Data flow report.
- At least 3 years’ experience
- To provide psychiatric assessment and treatment for children and adolescents referred to the PBMC.
- To provide advice and supervision of delegated treatment/therapy programs by other members of the clinic team.
- To assess and, as appropriate, provide treatment and advice on management of cases of the clinic (range from relatively straightforward to children and young people with complex, severe mental health difficulties, often in the context of severe, chronic health problems)
- To provide supervision and consultation to other members of the multidisciplinary staff working in the clinic.
- To provide support, training and advice to the staff working in the clinic and to contribute to decision making about young people with complex psycho social difficulties
- Conduct mental status examinations and pharmacological evaluations
- Prescribe medications, teach clients about side effects and monitor response to prescribed medications
- Review and sign comprehensive assessments completed by therapists
- Provide recommendations for treatment plans, review and sign treatment plans and treatment plan reviews
- Administer injectable medications including (Risperdal Consta, Sustenna Invega, Proxilin and Haldol)
- Provide services to clients based on current status, risk, and as clinically indicated
- Provide clinical supervision to staff on the type and nature of on-going psychotherapy needs (individual and group)
- Participate in staff meetings
- To work together with other members of the multi-agency, multi-disciplinary team.
- To work positively with colleagues to maintain clinically effective relationships
- To ensure that clinical practice reflects quality and effectiveness as determined by evidence-based research as far as possible. To participate in peer supervision with other professionals in the service.
- To ensure he/she and his/her staff comply with NHRA requirements, including responsibility for nursing:
- Appropriate medical records are maintained ensuring compliance with the agreed record systems.
- Informed consent to treatment is obtained and documented in accordance with the clinic procedures
- New and replacement equipment is not used by self or staff until it has been commissioned in accordance with the clinic policy
- Appropriate risk and other assessments are completed and documented in a timely manner in accordance with PBMC policy
- Defective equipment is reported and made safe without delay in accordance with PBMC procedures
- Equipment is maintained in accordance with PBMC policy
- Adherence to the principles of improving working lives when working with staff
- Following laid down infection control procedures
- To work with the society in managing demands placed on the service
- To attend meetings with other MEMBERS OF THE TEAM as required.
- To undertake the administrative duties associated with the care of patients.
- To record accurately and comprehensively clinical activities as required and communicate with referrers by letter and telephone, according to the protocols within the service
< Back to Job Search