Chief Accountant needed for a leading company in Beirut, Lebanon.
- Bachelor of commerce in Accounting/Finance, MBA/CMA/CPA is a plus.
- Relevant work experience: 4-7 years in a similar function.
- Experience in the travel and tourism sector is a plus.
- Knowledge of the Accounting regulation for S.A.L. & S.A.R.L. companies in Lebanon.
- Managerial skills: In order to manage the department personnel: Training, guiding, applying the company’s policies, and communicating with management and clients.
- Languages: The ability to fluently speak and write in English, and Arabic. knowledge of French or any other language is definitely a plus.
- Negotiations Skills: Constant follow up with customers and suppliers on due and overdue receivable/payable
- Computer Skills: Professional level in Excel, Word, Outlook, and the ability to learn the company’s own cloud-based reservation, accounting, and CRM system.
- Personal Skills: Self-motivated, strong numerical skills, detail oriented, ability to multi-task, analytical skills, and ability to work overtime in high season (June – September.)
- Manage and oversee the accounting department.
- Streamline the accounting processes and make sure the system is up to date.
- Follow up on accounts receivables and payables.
- Conduct monthly financial reconciliation: Bank account, credit cards, and lines of credit.
- Produce financial statement: Balance sheet, income statement, cash flow, and retained earnings.
- Maintain the relationship with banks, clients & suppliers on all financial matters (initiate & follow up).
- Propose new initiative in order to hedge foreign exchange threat and minimize financing cost.
- Analyzing operating results and report on major fluctuation.
- Coordinating with external auditors during the annual audits.
< Back to Job Search