Business Development Manager needed for a leading insurance company in Dubai, UAE.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field. CII Diploma / certificate is a plus. MBA is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Insurance of which the last three years in a similar managerial position and in the same market (UAE).
- Excellent communication, reporting and networking.
- Excellent problem-solving.
- Ability to lead and influence.
- Ability to train and coach sales agents.
- Self-motivated and results driven.
- Good computer skills.
- Demonstrable and successful sales track.
- Proven record of effectively meeting sales.
- Has knowledge of local laws and practices.
- Fluent in English. Arabic is a plus.
- Adopt and adapt the implementation of the DSF Policy & Procedure and suggests improvement of the DSF.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures, and business ethics codes, and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within his team.
- Monitors the Sales Department’s performance against pre-set KPI’s in line with DSF Strategy and recommends corrective actions accordingly.
- Recruits the DSF team ( Agents and Unit Managers ) as per company recruitment plan and remuneration matrix and sets a career development and incentive plans.
- Determines the training needs of the sales agents and takes responsibility to ensure that the training is carried out as per DSF P&P.
- Provide coaching in field visits to ensure they manage, maintain and build solid relationships with their clients.
- Tracks and monitors the sales pipeline to ensure each agent achieves its annual activities and sales targets.
- Prepares, agrees and maintains a yearly business plan, sets targets & strategies for DSF channel and each team member.
- Proposes the establishment of new sales team and assists in their proper setting.
- Monitors and follows up sales teams accounts receivables on a monthly basis to take corrective measures and recommends the needed action.
- Accompanies new trainees to selected field visits whenever requested.
- Actively coaches, develops and supports Sales agents to ensure delivery of the required efficiency and productivity and motivate them as part of their personal and professional development.
- Develops and monitors the implementation of innovative methods to increase clients’ sales, expand markets reach and promote business in the region.
- Complies with the required standards of sales excellence and best practice and operating effectiveness and efficiency, and Group, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Conducts periodic meetings with subordinates to follow up activities and discuss their suggestions as well as adopt appropriate procedures and executive plans with respect to these suggestions. Analyzes problems and offers “options and solutions”.
- Evaluates market trends and gathers competitive information, identifies trends that affect current and future growth of regional direct sales and profitability.
- Conducts meetings with key customers to ensure strong relationship and removes business obstacles, aligning with long term company direction.
- Compiles and analyzes sales figures and prepares on time management reports.
- Discusses with his superior the sales operations’ and sales staff performance.
- Abide by major credit limits and extensions as per the authority matrix.
- Oversees Premium collection in coordination with the Accounting/Collection Unit and in line with the company policy.
- Handles disputes when needed and takes necessary actions.
- Provides orientation and on-the-job training to new employees and trainees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested by his/her direct superior.
< Back to Job Search