A Chief Accountant is needed for a leading distribution company in Beirut, Lebanon.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 6 years experience in accounting with 2+ years as Chief Accountant or Senior Accountant
- Good command of English and French
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to direct and supervise
- Managing the daily general ledger operations to ensure accurate and timely financial information.
- Performing and supervising all accounting functions, coordinating and confirming that Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Inventory, Cash Flow and Payroll systems were properly reflected.
- Following up payables for suppliers and receivables from customers and ensuring that the credit limits are properly implemented.
- Preparing monthly and quarterly financial reports (Sales Report, P&L, Cash Flow, Working Capital, Balance sheet) and forecasts.
- Supervising monthly banks reconciliations.
- Preparing annual budget.
- Managing the payroll system.
- Liaising with bankers, insurers and solicitors regarding financial transactions.
- Providing external auditors with all required financial documentation.
- Managing the relations with the public entities and the Ministries.
- Following legal requirements for the company with the support of our external lawyers.
Salary & compensation:
- While the salary and benefits depend on the level of experience and competencies of the potential candidates, the Chief Accountant position offers an attractive total package
< Back to Job Search